Want to find a way to connect with new customers or reconnect with existing ones? Use the following steps to create direct mail pieces that connect with customers and boost their brand awareness:
- Define your business and campaign goals: Look at where your business is. Examine its performance, the size of its customer base, and other important factors. Then consider where you want to take your business. Do you want to open up new locations or offer new products or services? A direct mail marketing campaign can help you reach out to customers to let them know about a new product, service, or location. Then the campaign helps you achieve those larger goals.
- Determine who and where your target audience is: Once you define your goals, you need to figure out who you want your campaign to reach. Take advantage of digital marketing tools to pinpoint your campaign’s key demographics. These tools provide demographic information, including age, gender, marital status, and income. However, they also provide psychographic information, such as buying habits, lifestyles, hobbies, and values. You can use this information to create mail pieces with extremely specific target audiences. For example, you can create a brochure targeted at female vegetarians between the ages of 25 and 40. Use your business and campaign goals to determine how general or specific your target audience should be.
- Create your targeted direct mailing list: Once you know who your target audience is, you can begin building your targeted mailing list. This is a great time to partner with Presort, Inc. We help our clients build targeted lists using demographic and psychographic information as well as the zip codes they want to reach. Building a successful targeted mailing list means using the information you found in the second step to locate the customers in your target zip code who will respond positively to your mail pieces.
- Develop your campaign’s messaging: If you want to use a direct mail marketing strategy, your campaign needs a clear message. Consider your goals, target audience, and zip codes as you develop your campaign message. Once you determine your campaign messaging, you can begin designing your mail pieces.
- Choose and design your mail pieces: Now it’s time to decide how many mail pieces you want in your campaign, what types of pieces they should be, and what they should look like. You can choose just one mail piece or several, depending on how you’ve designed your campaign. Common direct mail pieces include brochures, postcards, catalogs, and flyers. Once you decide how many pieces to include in your campaign and which ones you want, you can begin designing your pieces. We use our creative design services to help our clients create straightforward mail pieces that connect with their target audiences. We can help you develop pieces with clear calls to action that link to your social media or provide QR Codes that connect to your website. Direct mail campaigns are often most successful when they combine with your digital marketing efforts. We also perform direct mail printing so you get your pieces directly from us and don’t have to use an outside printer to make your designs a reality.
- Mail out your chosen pieces: Now it’s time to launch your direct mail campaign and send your customized pieces out into the world. Our presort services help you choose the right mail format for your campaign and get the closest postage rates for your projects.
If you’re ready to develop a direct mail marketing campaign for your business, reach out to Presort, Inc. today. We put all our resources into developing customized campaigns for clients with our print and mail services, and we’re ready to do the same for your business.
Presort Inc. is a St. Louis–based company that specializes in a variety of direct mail services, from printing and mailing to warehousing. We have the resources and capabilities to help companies pull off any direct mail campaign.
5051 Southwest Ave.
St. Louis MO 63110-3427
515 W. Pearce Blvd.
Wentzville, MO 63385-1347
2121 Bessie St.
Cape Girardeau MO 63701-5115
6104 Brown Station
Columbia, MO 65202