When you create a direct mail marketing campaign, you need to choose the mail pieces you want to send to your target audience. If you decide to mail postcards to your audience, it’s best to create a clear postcard design that catches their attention. Let’s look at some postcard marketing secrets that help you create a successful mail campaign that generates solid open and response rates.
When you create a postcard for your mailing campaign, it’s best to follow these tips to create a clear and clean design that customers can easily understand:
- Prominent name and logo placement: Always put your company’s name and logo in a prominent place on the postcard. The postcard’s upper corners are often a great place for names and logos. Think about it: if you put your name and logo in a corner, it’s in a place where the audience will notice it. However, you leave space to put your campaign’s message on the rest of the postcard.
- Eye-catching colors: The colors you choose influence how your postcard campaign is received. If your company has brand colors, such as red and black or blue and silver, work those into your postcards and other marketing materials whenever possible. You can also choose colors that reflect the time of year when you launch your campaign. If you’re launching your campaign in the middle of summer, you could use red, white, and blue to reflect that it occurs near the Fourth of July. Limit your design to two or three colors. If you use too many colors, customers may get distracted by them and have difficulty reading the postcard.
- Catchy heading and subheading: Your postcard should have brief, enticing messages in its heading and subheading. It’s often best to put your main message in the heading. Then you can use the subheading to entice your audience with a deal or discount or special offer. Use the heading to reach out to your customers. Then use the subheading to give them a reason to reach back out to you.
- Direct call to action: Put a call to action (CTA) with a clear message at the bottom of the postcard. The CTA tells your customers which next steps to take to maintain engagement with your brand.
- Digital marketing integration: When you create a postcard marketing campaign, don’t end the campaign when your postcards are sent. Find ways to integrate digital marketing channels to increase your audience’s engagement with the campaign. For example, you can embed a QR code in each postcard that takes every customer to a personalized landing page. Digital marketing channels keep your customers engaged with your brand long after you’ve sent out your campaign’s postcards.
- Mail tracking: Once you send out your postcards, it’s best to use tracking software and tools to see when your postcards reach their destinations. You can then track engagement and determine your postcards’ open rates, among other metrics.
If you use these tips, you can create a postcard that reaches your target audience and boosts their brand awareness and engagement.
Connect with Presort to begin designing your postcard and compiling your mailing list. Reach Out to Us
Presort has a range of services and capabilities that help you create the best postcard for your campaign and build a targeted mailing list full of consumers who are interested in your services or products. Even before we build your mailing list, our creative design and printing services develop your postcard according to your brand and campaign messages. We can also show you how to track your postcard through every step of the campaign. Once you finalize your campaign design and mailing list, we can get you great postage rates to reduce your campaign’s mailing costs.
If you want to design a successful postcard marketing campaign, reach out to us today. We use our print and mailing services to help our clients reach their target audiences and grow their businesses’ reach. We’re ready to do the same for you. We can take you beyond bought mailing lists and simple postcard templates to create a truly customized campaign that reaches your customers effectively.